Main Office: 630-834-4931
Summer Phone Contact:
Interested in VIS?
Sick? Going to be late?
Call the Attendance Line:
Any student who is late MUST bring
in a note and check in at the office
before going to his/her classroom.
Families going on vacation MUST
notify the school office.
RE Office: 630-279-7058
Rectory Office: 630-834-6700
First Day - Aug. 19, 2014
Full Day! Grades 1-8
Christmas Break -
Dec. 22, 2014 - Jan. 4, 2015
Spring Break / Easter -
Mar. 30, 2015 - Apr 6, 2015
Apr 16: Hot Lunch
Apr 17: Holy Thursday /
Apr 18: Good Friday /
Apr 19: Market Day
Apr 20: Happy Easter!
Apr 21: Easter Monday /
Apr 25: 4th Interim
Click HERE for a hard copy of the 2013-14 Vis School Calendar.
Website Photo Credits
Visitation School is blessed with many wonderful photographers that contribute to our website. Photos used are courtesy of Katy Costello, Kimberly Felten, Margaret Hohman, Dina Kwit, Mary McCann, and Joe Spevacek.
What's New at Vis?
News for the Week of April 14, 2014:
- Tues, Apr 15 – Emergency Forms for 2014-15 Due!! – Please turn your completed and signed Emergency Form into the School Office by the end of the day. See right to download an interactive pdf file that you can fill out electronically, print and sign.
- Wed, Apr 16 – Hot Lunch – The final hot lunch of the school year features cheese pizza and salad with ranch or Italian dressing from Mama Maria's. As is Vis tradition, the final hot lunch dessert is Dilly Bars from Dairy Queen. However, if your child has nut allergies or is on a low-sugar diet, this option is also available. Just tell your child to let the parent handing them out know they need a special dessert.
- Thurs, Apr 17 – Holy Thursday – No school.
- Fri, Apr 18 – Good Friday – No school.
- Mon, Apr 21 – Easter Monday – No school.
- Tues, Apr 22 – School Resumes
- Attention all Kindy through 5th Graders – Bricks 4 Kids 2nd Session. The Gadgets & Gizmos afterschool class begins April 14th. Click HERE for more details and how to register your child for these fun and interactive lessons!
- Attention Boys Aged 10-18 – The Columbian Squires program is affiliated with the Knights of Columbus, and open to all boys between the ages of 10-18. Affiliated with the Knights of Columbus, the Columbian Squires program is a leadership program that promotes service and helps boys grow in their faith and Christian character. Visitation wants to support the Knights’ recruitment efforts for the Squires program which peak in April. Please click HERE for an information/registration letter for the Squires program. If you have a boy who is eligible, Visitation School hopes you will seriously consider this program.
- Lunch Monitor Request – Sign up to spend some quality time with your kids (and a couple dozen of their friends) and give our teachers a little break. We are looking for a few more “lunch moms!" Click HERE to go to the link for the Lunch Monitor sign up sheet for the 2013-2014 school year. Parent(s) will monitor one wing and each shift is 40 minutes in length (with the exception of Jr. High, which is a 20 minute shift). Shift times are as follows: Primary Wing - 11:30am-12:10pm; Intermediate Wing - 11:40am-12:20pm; Jr. High Wing - 11:40am-12:00pm. When you arrive for your shift, please check in with the front office. Younger siblings are welcome! Please consider signing up for a shift (or two!). Qustions? Please contact Meredith Wisniewski.
Please see the CCW Upcoming Events page and other various CCW web pages for information on the Visitation Council for Catholic Women. Events to come include the CCW 2014-15 Installation Mass and Luncheon.
Visitation is always collecting used inkjet, laser cartridges
and small electronics. Small electronics are old cell phones,
MP3/4 players and tablet computers.
Please check the fundraiser page for more information.
The Principal's Corner
Click HERE to go
to Dr. D's webpage.
2 0 1 4 - 1 5
E M E R G E N C Y
F O R M
Click HERE to download the 2014-15 Emergency Form.
All forms MUST be filled out, signed, and returned to the school office by April 15.
This year's form may be electronically filled out, printed and signed. Just remember to click "fit to page" in your print settings dialogue box so that the form prints on one sheet.
Click HERE to go to the new
Vis/CJA Partnership Page!